Monday, October 13, 2008

Bloggin' today for , ME...

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.~Norma Jean Iron
I was sitting in church today and I saw families sitting with all their little kids in a row, mom's with red faces from fighting to keep everyone in place..And I looked down my little row , Hayles happened to be home this weekend , and it struck me.. Time really does march on.. I wanted to blink my eyes and have the girls be small again, with little dresses and red mary-janes on ..I wanted the twins in car-seats( oh, that was the life) ..cooing and spittin' up and binkies flying onto the un-sanitized floor... I wish I could of sucked that time all in .. appreciated it more , took more pictures, slowed down long enough for .. more, more,more everything .. I know these days are the same... I AM taking more pictures..sucking it all in, slowing down, smelling my boys who usually smell like wet pups...hugging my girls , telling them everyday that I LOVE THEM , And I AM PROUD of them, they truly have grown up to be people I would choose as friends even if they weren't my daughters...they are smart ,witty, girls who love to eat(most important).. but some times , just for a moment .. I want to raise my hands to the sky and want for the return of those sweet moment of the past...
~me

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You always write the sweetest posts!

mommy4 said...

Marie, all I can say is 'WOW'... you rock!!! So inspiring, wish I could bottle up that 'outlook' and keep it through this roller coaster of motherhood!!! Jen

ramsam said...

This makes me feel better about all the millions of pictures I have taken lately..... I am trying to not let them cause me anxiety, and this helps.

slytrifecta said...

So sweet, it is so much how I feel lately!

Wendyburd1 said...

awwwwww