Monday, October 27, 2008

Use it & Abuse it...

SO, I am totally making this my new "mantra"..I usually am NOT into the 10 o'clock news .. I HATE the hype-scares about stuff like, "stores-don't-have-rice-so-we-are-all-gonna-die-from-not-having-starch.... they usually report about all the doom and gloom...and quite-frankly I can't afford my anxiety-meds as it is...... And I'm gonna tell you something else that could TOTALLY get me fired from the church..But, I don't really think having cans upon cans of vegetable-y-wheat-y-flour-y goodness is all that great??!!...(I know, gasp & delete me from your blog-friend-list-now)
I have-ta tell ya ,Where "hunka-hunka-burnin-love" works , he see's people pull-up everyday and dump off those cans and cans off "foodie-storage".. BUT OK , this is what I DO believe(not that I know anything)...I believe we should "stock-up" on things we use(like rolos,vicks-vapo-rub,frozen pizza,rocky-road-ice-cream-facial wax) when they are on sale & use coupons..my BFF Sonya is *DA-BOMB* with this concept...She needs to teach a class... Coupons and me are like "fren-emies" (love-hate, you get it).. And then as I was Bloggin' I came across Heidi Swapp's blog..http://heidiswapp.typepad.com/my_weblog/ ... I LOVE , LOVE this concept, she even had a link that you can download,print-off and frame...(I'm doing that TODAY).. And to think I used to think my Grandma was *CRAZY* cuz' she rinsed the papertowels and hung them to dry & use again..My GRAMS was just "GREEN & COOL" ahead of her time....
P.S., the "Do without" is gonna take some Re-hab Therapy.."12 steps to NOT going to IKEA", anyone know where that meeting is held and the time?????..

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Please don't tell me you watch R-Rated movies too.

The lack of food storage makes me weep. You can come to my place when the world ends. I have one can of beans ready.

Amander said...

I actually love this motto - even though I may not live by it. Lately I've been thinking a lot more about what I am buying and why - it's not a pleasant experience to par down my spending, but it's been easier than I thought. Good luck!

ramsam said...

I sense a tiny bit of Dave Ramsey peeking in here...you better be careful! You may be on a budget before you know it! JK- I LOVE my budget.....

Anywhoooo I am totally a coupon girl aka Savvy SHopper and get 3 Sunday papers (waiting to be clipped still). You can kiss me feet now.

sean said...

all I know is that I should learn to stock up on the "rough and ready" not because I'm worried about it going out of production(which it probably will because heaven forbid that a guy can have a GREAT hair product!) but honestly after the earth stops a shakin down baby gotta look good!