Friday, October 24, 2008

What are you passionate about?

I don't know why, but this has been on my mind alot lately.. Am I living a authentic, passionate life.. Am I doing what I was put on this earth to do?? Am I still living and breathing with boundless joy? I have changed so much since having a child with special needs, since finding my Birthparents(I was adopted at birth and searched & found my B-parents when I was 27, they happend to be married and I had full-blooded siblings, crazy,huh??), since having secondary- infertility , since trying to recover my son from Autism, since, since it could go on..And have I had these unique experiences for a reason??
Do I have another purpose, another path I am supposed to be taking to help others..I have always done Hair for one reason and one reason only...to make people feel better about themselves..I found out at a very young age(17) that I LOVED making people look in the mirror after I was done doing their hair and seeing that SMILE, not just any smile..the smile that made me know I had made their day better..Not one day has it ever been about the money, it has been about my passion to make a difference in others lives.. I wonder if I am supposed to be doing that same thing in another way ...Do you ever wonder this???
Quotes I have been loving lately...
Do what you would be passionate about doing for 10 years, even if you didn't make a single dime during those 10 years, you'll end up happier," he says. "And kind of the ironic thing is if you do what you're passionate about, the money will roll in... Tony Hsiegh-
The worst sin - perhaps the only sin - passion can commit, is to be joyless.
Dorothy Sayers-
Blaze with the fire that is never extinguished.
Luisa Sigea-
Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion.
Georg Wilhelm
Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey

This boy has changed our lives..Honored to be his Mom...

10 comments:

James & Prilly said...

I feel the same passion about being an aesthetician - to make someone feel better about the way they look is one of the best feelings in the world, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Amander said...

Oooh, love this post. I am such a BIG PROPONENT of people being passionate about something in their life. I think it's so sad when people don't have a passion. They end up spending their time on filler. But I guess if they don't know what it's like to have a passion, they don't know how awesome it can be!

Deciding what to do with a passion is difficult. I struggle with that question quite frequently!

Just Me said...

I will share with you a comment that I was told about a frustrated mother with a high needs child one time - She was at her wits end from trying to do everything she could with and for her son and felt like she was getting nowhere. In frustrated she cried out, "Why? Why is this happening to me? Why is it that my son has these problems? I don't know what to do to help him. I only know how to love him."

A soft answer came to her, "Oh my child, that is exactly why he came to you. You do know how to love him. You will never let go. You will never stop trying. You will see him as he really is and see how special he is and learn from him as much as he will learn from you. Another mother may have given up or beaten him in frustration. You will never let a day go by without your love shining through. All will be ok, not how you may wish, but the way it should be. Enjoy the journey no matter how difficult days will seem. You will reach the destination and in the end it will be worth it. You were indeed chosen."

Going through difficult experiences is never easy. We just need to keep plugging along, making the best choices we can make and doing it with as much grace and dignity as we possibly can.

What a joy it is to watch you as you go forward and tackle whatever comes in your path. You and Billy are great parents with great kids.

You will find that your passion changes some at different stages of your life. I think the greatest feeling of all is to figure out what your true path should be. If you can figure that out, decisions become clearer and you don't have to make as making mistakes.

No, I don't have those answers - even for myself . I have bought some books and tried to do a little studying on that the past year but haven't settled in with any answers.... BUT we have to keep trying finding what pleasures and joys we can along the way recognizing them for what they are. I am afraid we tend to miss most of those magic moments of our life.

mommy4 said...

Marie... you are an amazing inspiration to me... kind of feel like we were 'kindred' (totally sounds corny) sisters before this earth time. You and Sonya are so lucky to have each other. You both inspire me and I often wish I could live closer so I could go get a Diet Coke with yall!!! Love ya, wish you could do my hair!!!
Jen

slytrifecta said...

Love this post.

Mommy Madness said...

What a fun blog you have here and a CUTE family! I'm glad you stopped by my blog. Feel free to come back anytime. Love new bloggy friends so if you don't mind I'll add you to my blogroll.

Kristina P. said...

LOVE Oprah! We have a baby together! :)

Wendyburd1 said...

Geez I don't know if I have passion for anything anymore. It was always art but then I just drifted away...I like taking pictures, but I know it isn't the same...it's not REAL photography...somewhere along the way I lost my passion I think...pretty sure movies do not count...so I am currently passion-less...it's hard when your brain takes over...and not in a good way. *shrugs*

ramsam said...

I love this post, and I have been thinking about this myself lately.

Most days after doing a massage and seeing someone stumble out with a smile on their relaxed face I fell deliriously happy.

I am completely passionate about my marriage, and I have loved running lately. SOmetimes I open a scrapbook page I made and get all bubbly....

That being said I have days in sweats with no motivation, and I have come to accept those as great days, too. I hope my kids can learn to appreciate life much sooner than I did.

The Shumway Family said...

I just love Dylan too! I need to come see you guys!