Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How life changes??

This is a road by my house and I drive down it about once a week , we call it the "tree tunnel road"... I usually go down this road because I want to go for a ride and get a DIET coke (on really stressful days I get the REAL thing and go for COKE,( I know...I'm takin' a walk on the wild side)..But something struck me this week ...how life goes by and how it changes ...I have drove down this road with a heart full of JOY and I have drove down this road with my heart breaking in half...I have taken my girls to pre-school driving on this road thru the "tree tunnel" and I have drove down this road with Hunka looking for caterpillars to put in jars so our kids could see them turn into a butterflies. I have taken a drive down this road having "life-talks" with my teen-age daughters, drinking cokes and eating candy..laughing so hard we were all crying..I also went for a ride down this road when I was told River was going to have special needs and I didn't know if I was ever going to put my heart back together..It felt like it was shattered into a million pieces... Life has such up's and down's ..And I see the "tree-tunnel" trees change from light green to dark green to this picture today of red & gold ... I will keep pushing ahead and FEEL the JOY and FEEL the pain and with every changing season I will be grateful I got to go for ride's down the road of the tree tunnel...
Life is just like an old time rail journey ... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Gordon B Hinckley-

4 comments:

Dads(2) said...

I love that moment when you stop and think about life--I'm glad I found you--YOU made me stop and think

Mommy Madness said...

Wonderful and beautiful road! Thanks for sharing!

Wendyburd1 said...

What a nice post!!

Rychelle said...

i had never heard that quote before.

thanks for sharing it.