Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lovin' me some Barb Young

So proud to know that Barb Young is standing-up for her brother who is gay, actually mine is too.. And I love him and his partner with all my little ol' heart ... I know people are very "passionate" about this subject and It's totally O.K. if you dis-agree we me.....After all we live in the land of the free and all....but remember the saying"if you don't have something nice to say....:)
This is what Barb Young(Steve Young's wife) had to say to the press and I totally AGREE with her and especially AGREE with her standing by her brother. After all FAMILY is the most important thing & I'll have my brothers back everytime :)...
"We believe ALL families matter and we do not believe in discrimination, therefore, our family will vote against Prop. 8," she said.
Later, she clarified her remarks with this update: "To expand on my earlier email, I am very passionate about this issue and Steve is completely supportive of me and my work for equality. We both love our Church and are grateful that our Church encourages us to vote our conscience."

Barb Young

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I've been reading the comments in response to the article that ran about this. It's getting very heated!

I have very mixed feelings about what is going on with the church and this proposition, so I will leave it at that. :)

ramsam said...

Just because of all that is involved with temple marriages, adoptions, and LDS Social Services in the state of California, this is a sensitive issue that has potential to be very dangerous for people of the church in that state. I wish there was a way the government could stay out of it, because I believe people have enough love and compassion to come up with a solution for everyone to be happy with. (you know, a WIN WIN)

I, like Kristina, am leaving it at that. I have been burned on too many blogs for taking advantage of this "freedom of speech" country.

Teresa said...

I love that you have taken a stand for your brother. I can't imagine the pain this proposition is causing LDS families with gay family members. I have a very close friend who is gay and who is constantly torn apart inside trying to live as an LDS person, yet struggling to find any happiness in daily life. It breaks my heart. Your post is courageous and honest and I loved reading it.

Amander said...

Thank you for this post. Regardless of the church's position, I am glad families can support each other during this. I only wish all famillies could lead by your example.

Wendyburd1 said...

I agree with Kristina. And I hate how the church handled it. Just bothers me. I just want anyone who can find happiness, to BE happy. So I am mixed.

Yeah I am tired of getting attacked for a comment. Man.

Dads(2) said...

You ROCK--love your blog and you! Thanks for visiting my corner of the blogging world . .