Thursday, November 13, 2008

Smile and wave boys,smile and wave..(madagascar)

You know the line from the movie Madagascar..." Nah! Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave!!!"
I find that sometimes it's the best saying to say OVER and OVER in your head when someone says something that might RUIN your self-esteem for the next day-week-month-year....it's my form of "ignoring-denial" and usually works rather well :)
So when I went to my son's class today to be "Mother-helper,A.K.A, Mother Teresa" and the cutest little boy came out in the hall so I could help him with a worksheet, and right before we got sat down.. He uttered the BLOW..."You kinda look like my Mom, only she looks ALOT YOUNGER"
That's when my saying came in "real-handy" ,cuz' I just started repeatin' in my head ...." Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave"...

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Don't you just love kids?

Mc Allen said...

Oh no!! I've had similar things happen. Once my 7 yo's friend was looking at our pictures and said 'isat you? 'It looks like you but your just fatter!!' Ummm, yeah, that one stung and made me want to eat my half gallon of rocky road.... lol. You attitude is very healthy, and thats what will keep ya young! Your very beautiful!!! ;) LA

Mc Allen said...

Oh no!! I've had similar things happen. Once my 7 yo's friend was looking at our pictures and said 'isat you? 'It looks like you but your just fatter!!' Ummm, yeah, that one stung and made me want to eat my half gallon of rocky road.... lol. You attitude is very healthy, and thats what will keep ya young! Your very beautiful!!! ;) LA

Cynthia said...

I don't think you can beat when I went into my 8 year olds class year and one of the kids said "Hey, look your grandma's here!" It was all I could do to keep myself from strangling the kid!

Amander said...

I probably would have said, "Yeah, well, you kinda look like my mom too, except a LOT OLDER." Then ran from the room crying.

I think your way of handling it is better.

Rychelle said...

oh, i'm going to start using that!

ramsam said...

Kids.....they are just ruthless. And for the record, I think you look quite young.

Dads(2) said...

HA . . . priceless! I think you're perfection all wrapped up in a cute little young package . .

dumb kid

Wendyburd1 said...

Yeah...you are SO much better than me. When my lil cousin like 8 years ago said "You're fat." I about lost it, and have never forgotten that remark. I LOVE the penguins though, only good thing from Madagascar!