Monday, November 17, 2008

Warning, TOTALLY personal-passion post...:)

How can you not love this golden- boy ..especially when he has his "CRAZY-MOM" always is making him try ,try and try again to talk..he is such a good kid and always trys his best.. I saw my FAV-O celeb(Jenny McCarthy) on Regis and Kelly(love her too) this morning and I love that she keeps bringing AUTISM into the spotlight, I LOVE that this is her passion ...We have done ALOT of "therapies" Jenny has talked about and actually probably more(even went to alot of the same doctors she did, and I am not a moviestar..yes, I am now WAY-POOR, but, hey, what's money when it comes to your child's life?:)..... but River was hit harder than some kids,hit harder than Jenny's son,WHY?, we don't know , but his speech and other areas of development just aren't coming in like some kiddo's do after therapies...But the one thing that is FOR-SURE ...this boy is SO SMART , I can't even begin to tell you, he's got "Bill-Gate-skills on the computer and looks that are SO "brad-pitt-licious" you could eat him up... So,I just keep praying and having hope that we can "un-lock" him from this body that doesn't work ...Unwrap him from his cocoon..Because their is a Butterfly in that body waiting to fly and we will keep trying any new "treatments" that come out , even if it means we have to have to sell everything and live in a tee-pee and eat cactus...(LOL)....I love you Riv-y..I AM A WARRIOR MOTHER and will be until the day I die...This is "one" of my passions

7 comments:

Amander said...

I think it's always cool when celebrities can use their fame to promote a REAL cause!

Kristina P. said...

I think that what Jenny does is amazing. However, I don't necessarily agree with everything she says.

Marie said...

Kristina,
Another very "passionate" topic..I think there is SO many reasons for Autism, maybe not just the ones Jenny talks about(although vaccines did injure my son)..I am JUST SO GRATEFUL Jenny has the GUTS to speak-up about her son and get the word out that we need to get research done and some more insurance coverage for these kiddos!
Marie

Marie said...

Also, wanted to quickly add..I think River was injured because he was a "preemie" and had weak immune system..his twin(rayce) was given vaccines the same day and was fine..BUT Rayce was a WAY higher birth weight(2#bigger) and didn't show signs of a weak immune system(no ear aches , where Riv had had 2 earaches by the time he was 4 weeks old) ...
Just some info incase anyone wanted to know:)
Marie
NOT ALL kids are created the same..so maybe NOT all kid should have shots until they are older and there immune system is more developed, is my theory? and opf-course WITHOUT THIMERISOL(preservatives)

Rychelle said...

you're son is beautiful.
i agree with amanda and kristina, it's great that jenny has made so many of us more aware.

mommy4 said...

Keep up the fight... the world needs more Warrior Moms like you fighting for their kiddos!!! Someday he's gonna fly all by himself, right now he's so lucky to get to ride with you!!!

Jen R. said...

He is totally Brad-alicios