Monday, December 15, 2008

20 years of "sheer-BLISS"...

I was thinking today that I never blogged about a HUGE moment in my life this year....(Other than keeping the 45 pounds off my hind-end that I lost in 07') I celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary in June..... And as Hunka' and I both said "It's been 20 years of PURE-BLISS"(kinda)...It has been a RIDE let me tell you...but when it is all said and done...
We just "get-each-other".......
He gets my need of "therapy/psychics/freaking-out once a month/rubbing oils on my wrist that stink to keep anxiety away/blogging/going with friends/changing the decor of the house daily/ my severe A.D.D/my WAY over-protective-ness of the kids/ my DRY, sometimes not so nice sense of humor....Hell, I'm IRISH, is that a good excuse?? ..(oh, the list could go on & on) and I get his needs of "Being a ebay whore/ an artist (and all that includes)/ being quiet/ liking certain foods/being BUSY ALL THE TIME/his hobbies that take loads of cash/ not learning to text/being the exact opposite of A.D.D...being way TOO focused).. (this list could also go on & on)
So , I guess I could say we are still going STRONG...with the ebbs and flows of this whole thing called marriage & 4 kids.
I was telling my "private-photographer,Jami", that I "scrapbook" but in an unconventional way... I like to use old bits of stuff...books, labels, ribbon etc... I made him a little book for our anniversary ....And he gave me a new DIAMOND RING.. I think I got the better end of the deal..(But who knows, I AM very flexible and keep beaver pelts in my bed..if ya get my drift ;)
Here is Hunka's little book of LOVE I made:


*And to think that Kickin' up a boot on cowboy-night at the "Star Palace" in Provo, then getting into a fight with my then boyfriend..would lead to 20 years of BLISS with this HUNKA' BURNIN' LOVE!!! OH...FATE & all the stars must of been aligned and all the houses in their planets and a full-moon etc......

11 comments:

slytrifecta said...

How cute is that scrapbook!!! Congrats on 20 years.

I am coming up on 15 this week...longest 15 years of my life ;)

Kristina P. said...

Marie, that book is amazing! Seriously, what a great gift.

Amander said...

Congrats on the 20 (and here's to 20+ more)! Very cool.

And your scrapbook is one of the most creative things I've seen - it's beautiful!

rychelle said...

i LOVE your style!

sounds like you were lucky to have found a "keeper"!

(does he have any single brothers? wink wink)

Jami Broadbent said...

Holy Crap! You are amazing. That looks way time consuming.

Judi said...

Oh the Palace!
The memories there!!
Congrats on 20...we just hit 15!

trash talk said...

Congrats on 20 years(and your 2007 accomplishment)! Amazing and you still love each other. Honey, he knows who's got the better end, that's what got you diamonds! Debbie

Mommy Madness said...

These are great scrapbooks! Congrats on the 20! That's awesome!!!♥

rychelle said...

i really hope you make it to the breakfast!

i'd love to see you there. :)

Live.Love.Eat said...

Happy Anniversary to you!!!!!! Congrats. I love what you get about each other!!!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

You are so sweet, that is nice!!