Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!! & WORD OF THE YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ...WHAT IS YOUR WORD OF THE YEAR?
GO TO this blog and find out what I'm talking about..... http://aliedwards.typepad.com/)

Ali has for the last couple years had a "word" of the year..a word that will define you in the coming months...(go to her blog and check it out)
Last year I truly could NOT think of a word...it just wouldn't come..too much was still going on in my trauma-tized head...(autism will do that to ya)
But this year after I read her post ..it just hit me like a BOLT ....
HAPPINESS... that was going to be MY word for 2009.....GOSH-DANG-IT!!! I was going to be happy ..I have ALOT of things to be happy about.....ALOT....so there,I am going to make it happen...shrug off the old-crap and go into the new year CRAP-FREE..forget about the NO's in life and just think of all the YES's....well, something sorta like that, I'm gonna have to think of a better "mantra" ...I mean the word "CRAP" isn't what I want to be saying over and over in my head all year.....
What is your word going to be this year????
Ya know I luv-me-some quotes..here are some with MY word in them....
Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. ~Jacques Prévert

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. ~Margaret Young

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. ~Palmer Sondreal

What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner. ~Colette

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think my word is going to be Nudity. Why not.

BTW, where did you get that large turquoise necklace you're wearing in the pictures? I've been looking for the perfect one forever!

Marie said...

Kristina, I Love your word for the year, but your neighbors and hubby are gonna love it more!! My necklace is from ETSY...love that site!!! Marie;)

Moonlight Hollow Musings said...

My word for the year is going to be CREATIVE. I have been in a job for the last 28 years which was rewarding but stole every creative bone out of my body. I had to sneak off to find a creative moment! But I have retired for a bit and my goal is to spend the year being CREATIVE!

Happy New Year!

Malisa