Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jami is my "new" therapist...I hope she wants the job?(sorry lots of pics)

So, MY photographer, yep, I have my own.. I'm cool like that. And , NO she isn't documenting my life like a"True Hollywood story" for the E channel , but she could...if anyone "knows-me" you are saying to yourself...Marie could totally write a book on her crazy-drama-filled-life. OK, but I digress, So, Jami B. has changed my life, even if that sounds "Kinda-icky-Oprah" it's true...
Last November after years of ALOT of stress(or as I lke to call it: EXCITEMENT, that's WAY more positive , right?!) and accepting and dealing with Autism, which isn't loads of fun, but it does indeed make you stronger and a better person...but FUN isn't a word I would use?!
Last November I decided it was time to take a family pic, we hadn't taken one in at least 15 years.(fer-real) I thought this will be a "sign" of healing... A healing picture that OUR family is making it thru this hard trial..I was SO worried that River was going to "freak-out"...but I thought ..OH WELL, this is US , this is OUR family...like-it-or-not!
Jami had taken the kids pictures when the twins were 1 yr.old..So I called her and told her the situation about River ,etc.. and she said "Let's go for it, I'm sure we can get some good pictures!" ...Well, you've seen the results of that day on my blog...(some are from Haylie's Senior pics)Jami is a "gifted-photographer" she has the talent of capturing everyone in a special way, even River..He didn't even phase her, she just kept shooting pics of him and the family(even when we were jumping up and down like crazy-people singing wiggles songs to get Riv to smile) ..ALL 670 pics, she even got a migraine after our photo-shoot , I felt SO bad.
Then the magical moment happened... she sent me my the pictures. I put the CD in and as the pics started downloading I just started SOBBING...
Here were pictures of my family...healing...River with that look in hiseye, almost angel-like, she captured it.. my family was getting HAPPY again and Jami had taken pictures of it ...documenting our JOURNEY... Priceless moments..
Pictures how powerful they are ...how they document OUR lives..OUR journey's...
What an unexpected gift ...
So now I am starting photography classes with Jami... I'm so excited about something for the first time ....in a long time, I want to document my journey thru this life ...the hard times and the GOOD times! Jami changed the way I looked at taking pictures, it's OK if your kids are freakin-out..it's OK if you think your alittle Fatty-bo-ba-latty..it's all OK ..you will cherish those pictures forever! It's kinda like "therapy" for me and Jami is my new therapist (hope she wants the job, I am kinda-crazy)LOL!
If you want to join me ...
The classes start in January you can e-mail Jami B. @ jbroadbentphoto@hotmail.com to sign up!
Thanks Jami.. I love ya ..but you know that and I know sometimes it kinda-scares-you..LOL:)

11 comments:

rychelle said...

these pictures are really, really, really, really, really, really, really amazing!

you have a beautiful family, and she caputed you all so well.

i wish i lived closer, so i could get in on some of those classes!

Kristina P. said...

I second everything Rychelle said. The picture of your daughter in her green dress is amazing!

trash talk said...

Marie, I don't think I need to tell you how blessed you are. It shows in these photos and your face. You have a family that is beautiful inside and out, a sense of humor that will get you through so much, and a joy for life. I don't know you personally, but this is what your friend captured. And may I add on a frivolous note, the shot of you and your girls looks like it could be a cover for a C.D.! Make a calendar-it'd probably sell. Debbie

Wendyburd1 said...

Stunning pics. We haven't had a family pic in about 15 years too. And I HATE that pose in front of a boring background, these are so cool. I WISH I lived out there!!

Mommy Madness said...

Love the pictures. They are pretty amazing! Lovely family!

Pedaling said...

been looking at your blog for a few weeks now and thought it only proper to say hi.
i can see how these pictures have proven to be therapeutic.
you have a most beautiful family and i am inspired by your courage and humor as you tackle challenges.
thank you.

ramsam said...

Jamie took our pics for my 10 year annivesary...it is definitely time to get her again. Loveher.
I want to take ohot classes...but my camera is a joke! Sad.

slytrifecta said...

Those pictures are amazing and your family, as I have said before, IS DROP DEAD BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I have been telling you for years you could write a book. I am still waiting.......or are you like Ramona and have to wait for family members to pass on before you dish the dirt???

love your blog

Teresa said...

Wanted to tell you that I see your darling little guy quite often (I work at his school 2-3 days a week). He is such a beautiful litle boy. It was only a few weeks ago that I put two and two together and realized who he was!

So I have a cute story for you (just happened today)- I was walking down the hall and his teacher was taking him in to the library. When they got in there, a class was there and they couldn't go in. Well, he got really mad about that and was putting up a little fuss and the teacher just said, "I'm so sorry! There's a class in there, we'll have to come back later" and in that very second, he completely stopped fussing and got this big smile on his face, like, "OK - Sounds good!" It just made me smile.

Jay and Megan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of River. You are right -- she worked her magic and got him and some angels. WOW!

Jami Broadbent said...

ok so you just totally made me cry. thanks a lot. You are so sweet.