Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's like a "P-Diddy" party at our house!!

Family...Traditions..Traditions...Tradition (I hope you were singing that "fiddler on the roof style) This is one of our Christmas tradition's...I feel like I should do this like on one of my Fave blogs sites .."the pioneer woman cooks"...So, here is our list of ingredients:
1-Pretzels- 2-Hershey's kisses 3-M&M's ... Place a Hershey's kiss on a pretzel , place under broiler for 1-3 min on high ...Then immediately SQUISH a M&M onto the the kiss...Yumm-o, mouthful's of the perfect mix ..sweet and salty ...YES!!!! Also a GREAT activity for ALL AGES! I am SO "Martha-like" huh?

Then after your tummy-tum-tum is over-flowing with good-ness the next Tradition is to turn on the Christmas music and dance your tailfeather off...Shake the dice... Shake it like a Polaroid picture..Raise the roof , Shake what yo-momma-gave-ya...Do the cabbage-patch ...your getting the picture, right ...DO what ever YOUR signature dance move is ....
BTW..this is also Rayce's "touch-down-move" when he runs the football down the whole field for a touchdown ..."he is the next Jerry Rice" the boy can run...and "showboat" ....
Trying to Waltz to Silent-night ...Lookin' mighty fine girls..Well, that is AFTER they fought about who was going to lead...(fist-fighting-almost-ensued)
Then the "smooth-operator" stepped-in and showed em' how it's done...I married that man for a reason ...he can DANCE!
River giving Santa and un-expected kiss...I think he might understand the concept of "butt-kissin'... hmmmm???
And last but not least , my GIRL is home from college ...tired and sleeping all the time ..BUT HOME...Wow, I forgot what it felt like to truly sleep ...All my FAMILY under my roof... I've never slept so good in my life :)
"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~George Eliot
"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." ~Jane Howard

9 comments:

Jen R. said...

The waltzing picture made me sooooo homesick. My little sister and I are two years apart and we always waltz together...and growing up I always had to be the boy since I was bigger (she ended up a good two inches taller than me...and 3 cup sizes bigger, no I'm not exagerating), Anways we'll be with Jared's family for christmas and this seriously made me miss my little sister.

Just Me said...

I am so glad that everyone is home and that you are so content! Enjoy every second this holiday season!

Love you!

rychelle said...

looks like you've got all you need to enjoy the holidays!

btw....those pretzel treats are also delicious with a rollo and pecan half.

Amander said...

Those look like such fun traditions!! Yay for families and the holidays :)

Dads(2) said...

You have such a fun-loving, rip roaring good time family! Merry Christmas and enjoy the holidays!

Kristina P. said...

These are so good and easy! And I love all your header pics!

slytrifecta said...

So cute Marie. Your family is perfect...just the way they are.

Wendyburd1 said...

Those pretzel things LOOK SO BLOODY GOOD!!mmmm

trash talk said...

Keep on rocking around that Christmas tree! Merry Christmas!!! Debbie