Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trying not to get too "EMO" on ya..

The holidays bring out the "emo" in some parents with "special-needs kiddo's(ok, maybe it's just me ?!) .. it's a hard time that is filled with milestones and family gatherings, comparisons and well just ...a-tad-bit-of-icky-ness. And there are times ....I get-like-wallow-in-my-bed-depressed-in-fetal-position-with-like-boogers-and-bad-hair-and-dragon-breath.... I wallow for maybe a minute or 2 ..(OK, maybe more like 2 days) then jump back up on my feet and say.."I wouldn't change a thing about this trial... It has made me so STRONG.. "Cause when push comes to shove You taste what you're made of You might bend, till you break Cause its all you can take On your knees you look up Decide you've had enough You get mad you get strong"
I hate to be lovin' on myself..But Hey, ya'll I am "Old-Mother-Willow..(you-know-the-wisdom-tree-on-Pocahontas)
I am wiser because of what I have learned & alot of it is thanks to this kid....(riv)And I love all my friends that I have met on this journey ...We are STRONG ya'll and of course we rock-hard-core...So raise a glass(of sparkling apple juice of-course) and you know I'm especially talking to you SONDRA ( I love you more than chocolate).. PLEASE CLICK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bRZGlY2UP4

OK, so I'm back to bloggin' this week..no more dragon-breath or wallowing..but I do need chocolate...Anyone, Anyone???

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I could definitely use some chocolate! And I love the new header pic. So many cute pictures!

mommy4 said...

Welcome back, I've missed you girlie!!! I don't know what it's like to have an autistic child but I do know there is a special place in Heaven for YOU!!! You are such an inspiration to me as I deal with my little dyslexic Easton...thanks for sharing your 'human-mom' side so I don't feel so alone when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.

rychelle said...

i've got chocolate. bags and bags (sam's club LARGE BAGS).

glad you're back!

Amander said...

Glad you are back. Glad you were able to get out of the fetal position - you are strong, you can do it! (and sometimes it's okay if you can't).

Wendyburd1 said...

im wallowing but chocolate releases somethin in the brain i hear!