Monday, January 19, 2009

And this is where the *magic* happens...

Pretending I am on MTV'S cribs....and of-course the *magic* I'm talking about is Hunka's Art Studio in the back of our house...(ummm, what did you think I meant....huh?!)
The "STUDIO"...& yep, Mr. Hunka made the neon clock and built the studio with his bare-hands, even hand-forged the black-hinges,made the windows on the "hand-planked doors", out of vintage"swinging-bar-doors" and put copper around them, I'll take better pics another time, the building itself is a "work of art"....
I haven't wanted to "go-there", but it is true, I've been hiding something....
My husband is WAY MORE talented than I could ever be ....
He is a "true" collage artist (and just TRUE artist in general , he does neon signs, clocks, collects vintage kids race cars, coke machines, signs etc..He has even re-done an Apache 1972 CAMPER, (yep, "trash-talk" he has..I'll post pictures soon) ..
Some of his collage's are 4ftX4ft and take him 2 YEARS to create...they are spectacular & jaw-dropping.... awesome..
(They are 3-D, and have ALL original prints or artifacts on them...that's what takes so long is getting all the STUFF to make them)

He hired me as his "photographer"...really we are gonna hire Jami to do the "real-pics" ..but here is just some highlights I am gonna start bringing ya from ..."where the magic happens"
*this is inside his studio...as you can see I have lots of pics to take and post.... Some other EYE-CANDY... to keep ya wanting more....

10 comments:

mommy4 said...

wow!!! I remember how amazing you basement is... I can't wait to see that amazing joint when I come to visit!!! You are quite the picture-taker with that rebel...

Amander said...

Wow - amazing work! Can't wait to see more pictures. He should get a website!

Kristina P. said...

I had no idea! That is truly amazing.

Mommy Madness said...

What an awesome place! I agree with Kristina truly amazing.

slytrifecta said...

He is amazing!!!

Crispy-Fur said...

Hey I need his help on a project or two.... ; )

Wendyburd1 said...

Gorgeous stuff! He is muy talented!

trash talk said...

Wow and double wow! Y'all may need to talk about a trip to the Round Top Folk Art Festival in the spring. His work is really impressive! What is the old saying about birds of a feather? Tn'T

Dads(2) said...

What an amazing family you have!

delighted heart said...

WOW! What an awesome studio! And I love your website! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a rockin comment! I just want to know your secret...how'd ya take the picture with both hands on your face?! Now don't tell me you took them with your feet cause then I would have to say you are really talented!! lol No... from the looks of your blog YOU ROCK and so does you whole family! What a talented hero you are living with!
Have a awesomely blessed day!
Patti