Friday, January 23, 2009

MLK Road trip...

So, Yeppers, we took a ROAD TRIP on MLK day to a place called "Helper"...
Hunka' loves this little town...it makes him... squeal-like-a-pig-in-mud.....it is actually very endearing,sorta.
His Dad passed away when he was a teenager and this town holds lots of memories for him...All the signs are places he has spent time with his Dad...Well, now that I'm looking at all these pics some are Bars...hmmmmmm. Maybe he just has memories of the signs NOT the Bars..( yea, right) ...
Yes, this is my "road-trip-look" (Don't ya just love when you take your hat off and your kids grab a camera)

These Elk were actually right by my house, but we were still on the raod trip so they qualify to go in this post......So Beautiful in the snow....

* I know what your thinking "Crispy-Fur" how do we BUY all these signs..we are workin' on it ...don't worry...

12 comments:

Amander said...

I've driven through Helper many, many times, but never actually stopped to take a look around. Maybe I will some day.

And by the way, you rock the road trip hair look. Seriously, rock it.

Kristina P. said...

Where exactly is Helper? I'm sure I've been through there. I've definitely heard of it.

Wendyburd1 said...

Love the look and the pictures!!

Chik Nite said...

I love old signs and your pictures look great! One of our girls on our blog had a picture of Piggly Wiggly on our site for Monday's blog. What are the odds that piggly wiggly makes it to blog world twice in a week? That cracks me up!

Blessings!

Crystal Sparks

Marie said...

Kristina,
Is it "Down South" by Price...
Marie:)

ramsam said...

Ohh.... warm blankets, quick roadtrips, a nice camera and beautiful shots.....I am officially jealous of you right now.

Crispy-Fur said...

Yup you read my mind...
That town is a gold mine of nostalgia. Glad you were able to at least document it photographically !
I want to see more....Great stuff.
: )

Ally in Wonderland said...

I passed a Meme onto you and an award! Check them out on my blog!

rychelle said...

man, those photog classes are really paying off. those are GREAT shots!

slytrifecta said...

Amazing photos!!!!

trash talk said...

I love hometowns and you caught this one perfectly. Couple of questions, though. Was LaSalle like the richest family in town or what? And what kind of "business" would be in the hotel that it would need a separate shop entrance? Just wondering. Love the 'do, Mary! Debbie

Judi said...

I think I need to take a road trip to Helper!
My kinda town...