Monday, February 16, 2009

Highs & Lows..

So, I guess we are reminded that life comes in Sweet times and times of extreme grief ..and it all can happen within hours of each other..
For Hunka's Valentine's Day present..Hayes found out his FAV-O singer, Joshua James, was coming to a "way-po-dunk" place by her college ..SO WEIRD, but destiny ..right?! So off we were to surprise Hunka'...It turned out better than we had EVER planned for, don't-cha-love-it-when-that-happens..Joshua James walked into the concert hall before his "set-time" and I noticed him first, so of-course being the "crazy-stalker-like-gal" I am, (remember, the James Taylor stories) I walked right up to him and said, "Joshua, my husband has a WICKED man-crush on you and your music, could you come over and get a pic with him for me?" OH, can I tell you HOW SWEET this musican is..KIND, SWEET, SANTA-LIKE-TWINKLY eyes... He then said ."Of- course I would love too"..
Over the next 2 hours before and then after his concert...he put up with us going up to him and asking him questions, taking pics etc... His wife was equally as tolerant and CUTE...If Joshua James is EVER in you area , go and see him... He is beyond wicked talented and BEYOND wicked SWEET!
We drove home late from the concert in the po-dunk town and followed Hayes and her friend in her car, knowing deer and slick roads were both fears on the way home...We all got home safe and then woke up to the horror of this....


Two of Hayes' class-mates hadn't been as lucky , Her friend, Micah and her sister waited and drove home in the morning, Micah's sister was going to get engaged ( as it was Valentine's day) I guess they thought the roads would be better..but they were still slick and someone slide and hit them head on, they both were killed.. I don't have words to even "blog" about this...I just hugged my daughter closer and told her , it had to be Micah's time to go...although the words didn't console her 18 year old mind... Precious time we have here...Precious time.. another reminder.
My prayers are with this family grieving 2 daughters lost in a blink of an eye....
NEWSFEED:
A candlelight vigil was held tonight in honor of two West Bountiful girls who died in a car crash Friday. Nearly 100 people gathered to remember the sisters.
There were a lot of tears, but most of all everyone was trying to be positive because that's how these sisters would have wanted it.
The family set off fireworks in honor of 19-year-old Shiloh Edwards and her 21-year-old sister Micah. Family members spoke to the crowd and shared memories. There was also a moment of silence and a prayer for Micah and Shilo.
"They both had so much charisma. There's no one word to describe them. They were just full of life," friend Ashley Young said.
Erin Dixon, also a friend of the girls, said, "Happy, Micah and Shilo were always very happy. Very talkative, fun people to be around. Very outgoing."
"I think is definitely the way Micah and Shilo would like to be remembered with all their friends and family together. They were definitely the life of the party," a third friend, April West, said.
The sisters were killed in a head-on crash in on in Sanpete County on Highway 89. They were roommates at Snow College. According to the family, they were headed home so Shiloh could get engaged.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I read about those girls! How heartbreaking.

delighted heart said...

So so sorry to read this. It's the enemy that comes to steal, kill and destroy. Never God. Tell them that God is always good and doesn't take lives. You don't want them left wondering when God is going to come take theirs. You need to read the book I'm giving away tonight. Destined To Reign by Joseph Prince .....leave me a comment and I'll put your name in the hat.
Patti

Ally in Wonderland said...

I don't even have words for this....

trash talk said...

This is every parent's nightmare. There just aren't any words other than to say my heart aches for their family...to lose both of them. I will say a prayer for those left behind and ask for strength and understanding. A friend told me when I was going through a loss that the pain and hurt is reminder of how much we loved and how much we were loved. Debbie

slytrifecta said...

I heard about the accident and wondered if Hayles knew them. I guess it is a small school. I am so sorry. I don't even know what else to say. It's absolutely heartbreaking.

Amander said...

Oh my - how devastating.

Mari-Boo-Boo said...

Micah and Shiloh were my close cousins. Thank you all for your love and support of my family. God bless you all

rychelle said...

truly heartbreaking. my heart goes out to that family.

mommy4 said...

So sorry to hear this... it seems to happen all to often to such young kids. I'll be sending prayers for you and your daughter--- such a horrible thing to have to experience. Thank heavens for a loving Father in Heaven to help you all through this time.

ramsam said...

Awesome about the music....so sad about the deaths. We used to drive those roads in Sanpete county...it is not pretty. Please tell your daughter to stay home when she can...and I am so sorry for the loss of those friends.