Thursday, February 5, 2009

YA...Most beautiful word I've ever heard..

I don't talk much about my "little-warrior-River" but yesterday it is FINALLY offical and needs to be blogged...He is answering "YA"....to all my crazy-questions, ALL ON HIS OWN!
He went on a field trip and I was asking him questions ..in my "rapid-fire" type way..you know the kind we-mother's-do..."did you have fun , did you sit by a friend, did you eat your lunch. did you have fun , DID YOU?"
Then my little warrior looks up at me and said "YA", this has been going on now for a couple weeks.. so I tried it out again...SO, did you like riding on the bus..he paused,then said, "YA" ..Then the BIGGIE, did you eat your lunch, pause.... He shakes his head NO...
YEP, my friends , we got a TRUE-BLUE ...WORD used Exactly how it is supposed to be used...
Do I LOVE this boy until my heart feels like it is going to burst????!!!
"YA".....
*River is non-verbal, but now uses the word YA, but mostly uses sign-language and a laptop to communicate..and the ever annoying , push and point to what ever he wants has served him well , LOL!

19 comments:

Dads(2) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dads(2) said...

ALL of your kids are lucky to have a mom like you . . perfection!

trash talk said...

If that isn't the sweetest word in the dictionary then something is wrong. I think if I look it up, it's right before love with a picture of your smile! Debbie

Kristina P. said...

This is great, Marie!

rychelle said...

great news! and i second blair's statement.

delighted heart said...

YA-YYYY! That's awesome! Praying you will get many more words from him in the days to come!
Blessings!
Patti

Jen R. said...

Congratulations! That is such wonderful news.

Judi said...

Way to go River!! and way to go Mom! You inspire me Maire :o)

Marie said...

AWWW! Thanks everyone for joining in my Happy-Dance...Little things like this are so HUGE for our family!!
Love ya all!
Marie

Ally in Wonderland said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I'm so happy! *signs happy over and over*

ramsam said...

You really are such an amazing mom and beautiful person. I am so happy this gift is enjoyed, and I hope there are many more gifts like it to follow.

slytrifecta said...

Wow. That is amazing. I am so happy for you. Soon it will be words and then it will be sentences!!!!!

Love ya

Just Me said...

WOW MARIE!!!! This is the greatest news ever. Prayers are answered one step at a time, one by one. May this be but a beginning of a door opening. I love you!

Crispy-Fur said...

Oh my !
This is the bestest news ever...

Wendyburd1 said...

Okay YA as in yeah, or YA is in ja, the German yes which sounds like yaah? Cuz him speaking German would be COOL!!

Glamarella Junk-Sherry said...

Hi!!! Thank-you for stopping by....i love your Blog...Cool photos of the corners of your home!
Beautiful Family!!!!
I'm adding you to my "Fav's"
Sherry

Barbaloot said...

Hi Marie---it's Barbara. You may be confused since in the photography class I didn't look like a bear-shaped cartoon. :)

See you Thursday!

Vodka Mom said...

I am thrilled by your news. My heart is happy for you....

Ethan said...

That rocks! I am so excited to hear that!!!! What a sweet little boy!