Sunday, March 1, 2009

My 2 hour VA-CAY destination...

Whenever I need to de-stress there is only ONE place that can make it all better, driving up the canyon and eating at the SUNDANCE GRILL ROOM . It holds so many memories for me that sometimes I break down and cry for just a minute...Hunka' of-course knows why I am emotional, but he still tries to pretend he doesn't know me. (Which is kinda hard to do cuz' he IS at the same table). I just pretend that I am over-whelmed by the FAB-O menu selections...(this whole scene tends to confuse the poor waiter, which ALWAYS leads him to ask us if we need the wine menu..LOL!)
I have been to the Grill Room after the loss of a pregnancy, I have been to the Grill Room celebrating a new-pregnancy, I have been to the Grill Room to celebrate our anniversary's...5 yrs, 10 yrs, 15 yrs, 20 yrs. and all the ones in between... Last night was no different, I was at the Grill Room, re-evaluating our life, our oldest daughter off at college, talking about the details in our life we can make better, talking about what the next few years are bringing. Man, life comes and goes in a flash, huh?! .. I feel refreshed and ready to take on my life again...My 2 hour Va-CAY does the trick every time....
*Yep, I took my tri-pod and set it up in 40 below weather and took pics....I am a dedicated photographer and have a REALLY nice husband...:)

7 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

sold. I am on my way.

Kristina P. said...

I think we went here for Christmas a couple of years ago, for breakfast. It was one of the Sundance restaurants. Delicious!

ramsam said...

It has been forever since I have been there! SOunds like I need to go again, but mostly I admire that you have a little "place" to sit back and soak up life's milestones. That is cool.

Amander said...

I'm not sure I've ever been there, but now I will have to try it. Very cool that you have a place to go to for life's ups and downs.

Teresa said...

I love the grill room too! I think I need a 2 hour Va-Cay. You've inspired me :0)

Dads(2) said...

you are the cutest thing since sliced bread!

The English Cottage Collection said...

Hi, just bumped into your blog...love it! My hubster and I LOVE this Sundance Grill Room. We have stayed in Clint Eastwoods rental for getaway weekends. A fab place, thanks for sharing...now I'm goiong back to read more of your blogs.....Cheers Debra