Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hanging with your Mom is SO much better than Palm Springs...

So, YEP, I am a WAY over-protective-worrier parent..(and not in a good-way, like in a I-need-to-take-Valium-and-go -to-therapy-your-crazy-way).I am pretty sure ALL boys are after ONE thing...(Hello,I am right, right?!) And I am pretty sure that at 18 yrs.old ALL the boys in Palm Springs are gonna look HOTT & all your normal brain-function would go out the window..( don't ask me how I KNOW this..but trust me, I know) ..
So when Hayles asked to go to Palm Springs for Spring Break...What do you think I said??? ........
NO, NO, NO ,ummmmmm, like, NO! DUH?! ..like...what ya smokin' these days, straight crack from the pipe???
But I told her...I will take you to lunch everyday and take you shopping everyday...She agreed, but also said, "But, Mom you will also need to get me a tanning pass, cuz' I'm TOTALLY gonna lie and say I went to Palm Springs, so I'm gonna need a tan"...I said YOU BETCHA....
*I LOVE a Liar that thinks.... I am a Happy and content MOM this week...(look at my calm,un-medicated face..ahhhh)
SHOPPING is WAY better than Palm Springs & Yes, I am LUCKY, GRATEFUL, JUMP-UP-AND-DOWN happy that I have a daughter that understands her Mom's craziness..I LOVE you so, so, so much!!!....
*The awesome feather headband we got at Target TOTALLY called for a photo shoot...

7 comments:

Painter's Place said...

Oh the head band is sooooo cute. You and your daughter are both gorgeous! Aren't you happy that she still wants to hang with Mama? Ya'll could pass for sisters!!

rychelle said...

target is awesome!

just like you.

Dads(2) said...

Coolness! We're packing up the kids and headed to San Francisco for Spring Break! Fantabulous!

slytrifecta said...

I'm with you Marie. I would have so bribed my kids not to go. I would have paid them a million dollars. Yep, I know I am crazy and I will still be doing Savvy's hair when she is 18.

sean said...

yeah I think you are wise to encourage your daughter to avoid the Palm Springs! Plus hello shopping with Marie what could be better? If I threaten to go to the Springs can I go shopping? we all know a little Banana Republic can be just as fun if not more than Palm Springs! and if you're dressed in a smokin outfit who notices the TAN? now Maui on th eother hand is a totally different story...hence no children....hahaha

Courtney and Bridger said...

Marie, you're a good mom. one day though, she is going to go on trips and drive on the freeway there, and it will all be okay :)

Marie said...

But Court...can she wear a HELMUT when she drives?!!!
hahahaha,
Love ya , Marie