Sunday, May 3, 2009

All in ONE MORE days work

Woke- up to POURING-RAIN....Feeling so SAD because I LOVE the AUTISM walk, last year was so AWESOME...Just the feeling of walking with 100's of people who are ALL feeling the effects of living with Autism...It almost has a "healing-feeling" about it...Just walking by other parents and seeing them all together as families/friends, supporting each-other through this hardship is EMPOWERING and emotional....when you see grandparents and cousins and friends ALL walking with shirts that say "I am walking for ________", you can't help but KNOW that TRUE-UNCONDITIONAL-LOVE still exists in the world....
But with the rain pouring down SO hard I knew NO-ONE, especially D-RIV, would have FUN. So Just HUNKA' and I went to the walk....It was WET to say the least!! But again, to walk with other parents was still.... AWESOME!Then I came home and immediately got in the car to help Hayes pack up the rest of her stuff and drive her HOME....Her College town is very rural and has lots of farms along the drive..... so I couldn't help myself, I HAD to stop and take pics of these baby lambs...OH, baby animals...is there anything this CUTE!!!!!
Then the glorious day came....Driving THE-GIRL home....
No more calling her cell-phone at 11pm and having her roomate answer and say...."OH, She's down at the HOT-TUB with ALL the FOOTBALL PLAYERS, I'll have her call ya when she gets home"........
I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!!

I GOT THROUGH THE WEEK!!! YESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

Love you! Sorry that the day didn't turn out as you had hoped. Glad you went and at least felt a little of that pick me up.

Do they have online support groups, etc. that you can support each other with?

Glad that Hayles is home safe and sound. Enjoy your time together.

rychelle said...

Sorry about the rain, but at least you still got to participate.
Love the t-shirts.

trash talk said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are my Mrs. Heroine!!! Debbie

ramsam said...

You're so great , Marie. I love you! Sorry about the rain...glad you and hubby still stuck it out!

Missy said...

Sorry about the rain! Love the pics! You are a woman of many talents!