Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ummmmm, it's called CELIAC???

The following story was told to me by Hayes yesterday....

"Mom, you know how I told Sam, (friend-that's-a-boy) that Mal and D-Riv have CELIAC,(a condition that you can't eat gluten,ie. wheat, flour,etc) ,Well, I was telling him that I think I might have CELIAC too ,cause' I keep getting really sick after I eat bread. So later that night we were at Sam's family's house and his Mom was making us Pizza and Sam blurts out,(in front of the whole family), "I don't know if Hayes wants to eat Pizza, some of her family has SYPHILIS, and Hayes thinks she might have it too",...I replied, "OMGosh, Sam, it's CELIAC not SYPHILIS.....Ummmm, one is a STD the other a FOOD-ALLERGY!"

* I still wish I could of been a fly on the wall to see the parents face when the word SYPHILIS was said at the dinner table!! hahahaha.....So much for health class, huh?! I guess Sam wasn't listening on "STD-DAY"!!!!!!

8 comments:

trash talk said...

Well, I guess he might have it confused with a yeast infection...think so? That cracked me up. Someone needs to have a little heart to heart with that boy, although he was trying to be helpful!
Debbie

Kristina P. said...

Tomayto, tomahto. :)

Anonymous said...

You will have to ask Trish about Chelsea's confusion with Giardias and Gonnorhea. Too funny!

Just Me said...

You know how funny I think this story is! I still laugh whenever I think of it! Keep those stories coming!

BTW - I think I'm scared about the upcoming photo shoot posting. Be kind. :-)

Wendyburd1 said...

Oh BOYS are just so funny!! Do you think she does have Celiac? It's not just feeling sick after bread and stuff though.

rychelle said...

hi-larious! i hope she doesn't embarass easily.

ramsam said...

That is classic!I mean, who doesn't want to be branded with syphilis just for kicks, right?

James & Prilly said...

I love this story. Reminds me of a time when I said things that I didn't have a clear understanding of what they meant...Marie - I miss you desperately! Call me ASAP so we can have a lunch date. Love you!