Monday, July 6, 2009

Days are a changin'

There was a time I used to play this song on the guitar ...but now I can't even get a note out, before I break down and cry tears.....tears of joy and sadness, equally mixed as they should be, when your kids start to "Orbit" around another planet besides yours....You are so proud to watch them walk away and succeed in their own lives, even more proud when they don't even hesitate to "look back"... but at the same time you want to run after them.... as to say.."Do you still need me"....Which deep in my heart I KNOW she does , so it doesn't hurt as bad...NO-ONE told me how hard this "letting-go" was going to be!!

*I am still in shock.."Is she really 19 today?? :)

(**Turn off the side-bar music player if ya want to hear the video)

4 comments:

trash talk said...

If it is any consolation, now you get to be best friends instead of mother and daughter. You've done your job and girl, you did it spot-on...enjoy the fruit of your labors.
Debbie

Lou Cinda said...

I can so feel your pain! My oldest is fixing to turn 20, youngest will be 17 in August. I am so proud of them, but inside....gutwrenched!!

Hope you all have a great celebration today!!

Lou Cinda :)

Bobbi Jo said...

I know what you are saying. It is hard to be a mommy sometimes. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

ramsam said...

I can't believe how fast that girl has grown...and I am a completely objective on-looker!