Thursday, August 13, 2009

She's gone...and I am eating ice-cream...

Today was a HARD day...And I thought it would be easier watching her go back to college the 2nd year.
Easier because she kinda didn't think she had any rules this summer!!!!
"Cuz' ya know...she's lived on her own for 9 months now, C'mon Mom..HELLO, I don't have a curfew anymore!!"....
So, needless to say.... this summer was FULL of sleepless nights...
So I thought it would be like...AHHH-BYE-BYE-NOW!!!
But it wasn't.....I think it was just as hard as last year to drive away.....
I do have to admit it was fun to see her face LIGHT-UP as we drove into her college-town..It's where she's supposed to be...SHE LOVES it there and Heck who wouldn't with NO CURFEW & Boys in hot-tubs!!
This watching your kids grow up and leave isn't for SISSY'S.....I've got to MAN-UP!!!
But not till tomorrow,.... tonight I will eat my ice-cream and cry just alittle....
Photo by: Jami Broadbent

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ice cream makes everything better.

Just Me said...

Enjoy that ice cream girl! Enjoy the fact that although you miss her, she is doing what she should and that she does love and enjoy it. Remember the joy of her face lightening up as she gets to the town. It would be so hard to leave her if she was sad and miserable. You are a lucky momma!

Wade The Rascal said...

Your post is just all the motivation I need to only make sons. I would be the crazy, pistol-toting, overbearing father to any daughters.

Wendyburd1 said...

Aww Marie!! (HUGS) She will be home for Christmas right?

Lou Cinda said...

I'm right there with you...I don't think it gets easier. At least not for me :(

Lou Cinda

Amander said...

Ice cream totally replaces a daughter.

Or a man.