Friday, October 2, 2009

{Watch Fobs and Pendleton Shirts}

{I} said to Billy this morning, "Let's go do a photo-shoot today and let's do it all with your Dad's things like his Shirt, Watch Fobs, Picture....
You see Billy's Dad passed-away from a heart-attack just weeks before Billy graduated from High-School. His Dad was only 42, leaving behind 5 young children and his wife.
This tragedy left the family lost, heartbroken and without their leader.....
But never once have I heard any of them feel bad for themselves...ever ask for pity or a break because of it ...Least of all BILLY. (He's a NO-EXCUSES-KINDA -GUY)
Sometimes I ask about his Dad, Because I never knew him...
I ask what was he like...
What did he do for fun..
And the STORIES start..........
This was a GREAT man who knew how to have fun....And the stories are AWESOME....
But the conversation always ends with Billy saying..."He's been gone for so long....At times I can't even remember what he looked like"...
So today in a field with my trusty canon camera we brought back his Dad....Through Billy....
Billy is wearing his Dad's Pendleton shirt and his Dad's watch fob hangs out one of his pockets...
and just for a minute when Billy is holding the only picture he owns of his Dad....
I see it ...
The resemblance....
Of his Dad....
LIVING through him....

{James Peter Hansen}....Billy's Dad

No comments: