Friday, March 12, 2010

{RIVER}

"A River Runs through it"
One of our son's is named after this movie, reason being...
Billy his brothers and Dad fished the Provo river all their childhood days..
when their father passed away at a young age, 42, he left 3 teenage boys 18,17, 14..& 2 daughters
life got hard and the fishing stopped...
but the memories of fishing the river with his family, his Dad and brothers
has always stayed with Billy..he smiles every time he talks about those times.
It was only fitting that years later we were married next to the Provo river..
and then named a son, River..
He turned out to be very special,
he is indeed,... beautiful..
Rayce, our other son...has always taken care of River,
they are brothers and bonded in a way few understand..
This movie will always remind me of Billy...
and now of my boys & the bond they share..
They are ...
"The Brothers"
How this movie keeps giving me moments of "truth"..
I never remembered this line hitting me like it did today when watching it..

[first lines]

Norman: [narrating]
Long ago, when I was a young man, my father said to me, "Norman, you like to write stories." And I said "Yes, I do."
Then he said, "Someday, when you're ready you might tell our family story.
Only then will you understand what happened and why."

Maybe this writing..
this "kind-of..journal-keeping"
this thing I do called..
"blogging"
telling MY story..
telling the story of my family
Maybe one day it will help me understand ...
what
happened
and
WHY
and will also remind me of the bond of family...
The bond of brothers & sisters...
we are in the end the ones that are ALWAYS there for each other..
we are in the end the ones that hold memories of a childhood & life shared together.
no-one can ever take that away...

No comments: