Tuesday, March 9, 2010

{The 80's rocked}

SO...
While watching the Oscar's they had a tribute to John Hughe's you know the guy that made ALL the best movie's in the world..
The movie's that CHANGED my life...
Breakfast Club....
made me LOVE the bad boy and want to learn how to put lipstick on while holding it in my cleavage...
Sixteen Candles & Pretty in Pink...
Made me want to get in cars with boys & make- out....ALOT...(of-course..I didn't...whatevah)
Christmas Vacation...
HELLO? every line in that movie has came out of my mouth at one time..
Ferris Bueller's day Off...
"BUELLER...BUELLER..BUELLER"...Yes, we say this IN Church at times......
Beethoven...
My girls watched that show so much it made me want to HURT myself..But I STILL love it..
But the movie that is forever apart of my life...
is
She's having a baby...
For so many reasons this movie can just FREEZE a time on my life when it was
scary, exciting, happy, sad..wonderful...SAD...wonderful...
Those first years of marriage...those years of trying to have a baby..those years of NO money and LOTS and LOTS of "good-lovin'"..those years of watching "30 something" on TV while eating soup...WHILE living in a trailer, ahem, MOBILE HOME...
These were the worst of times..and the BEST of times..
and this MOVIE brings it all back...
How Crazy-Wonderful is that?!...
Thank-You John Hughes....
“In the end, I realized that I took more than I gave, I was trusted more than I trusted, and I was loved more than I loved. And what I was looking for was not to be found but to be made.” – Jake Briggs (Kevin Bacon),movie; "She's having a baby"

1 comment:

chels. said...

Ah! I love you!
And I love 80's movies!
Breakfast Club changed my life too.
I'll see you this weekend..and probably all of next week too. {haylie and I have the same spring break :)}
Love you so much.