Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grateful...Thankful....Prayers answered...(what a week...)

Mallory was in a car accident last night...
a car was coming right at her in her lane and she had to swerve and went through a fence and into a ditch bank.
We are SO SO SO SO lucky...she had a seat belt on and her truck didn't roll...
Mallory is physically fine.
Her beloved truck isn't so lucky, the fence tore it up and things off...
But we don't care....things become so un-important don't they?
I don't ever , ever want to get that phone call again..or take that LONG endless drive (that seemed like forever, but was probably 2 minutes) to get to her..to make sure with my own eyes she was safe....

Mallory has always been FEARLESS....
She's been thrown from horses, hit with bungee cords in the face, has broken her nose 2 times..
she always just shakes it off and gets back up......
She's always jumping from tall things...rolling down things, wrestling, hitting..."double-dog-daring".....
When we saw the movie "Where the Wild Things Are".....
I said to her....
OMGosh.......YOU ARE MAX!!!


These lines from the movie remind me of Mallory..
Max: Small is good. My powers are able to slip right through the cracks.
Judith: But what if the cracks are closed up?
Max: Then I have a re-cracker, which goes right through that.
Judith
: But what if they have some sort of material that re-crackers can't get through? Max: Then I have a double re-cracker, which can get through anything in this whole universe. And that's the end, and there's nothing more powerful after that, ever. Period.
Alexander: He has a double re-cracker.
Ira: He does sound powerful.

MAL...
I know you think you have a "double re-cracker" like Max, and you ARE indeed powerful....
But let's calm it down for the next couple DECADES and give your old Mom and Dad a rest..
OKAY?......love you the most.....

I am on my knees thanking my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers and keeping my "Deets" safe.
SO Thankful that she responded well to a car coming at her...
SO Thankful that she was watched over....
I am as always ...learning to be more and more grateful for my blessings...
Give your kids a hug today..even if they're driving you crazy...What a blessing it is to have them...safe and sound

8 comments:

Angie said...

Biggest fear hands down!!!!!!! I'm not sure I'd be strong enough to survive anything happening to my children!!!!!! So glad to hear she's safe.

trash talk said...

Joining you in sending up prayers of thanks. What a nightmare for you and your husband...and of course her. God is good.
Debbie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I got the same call in March "Mom, I had a wreck!" My Seth was alright too, but his car? Totalled! He rolled it trying to miss hitting a cat and he was almost home!! When I ran out to get in my car to go to him, I could see the flashing lights from my house! I think my heard stopped literally, until I saw him with my own eyes...yes, we have much to be thankful for.

So glad your sweet girl is okay too~

Lou Cinda :)

Marie said...

Thanks so much for all you sweet comments...it means so much!
And Yes, Debbie...God is Good!

ramsam said...

Oh, man, sigh...

Being Max is good, but knowing God is better, right?

Love that show, and I love this post!

Just Me said...

Oh my gosh - so thankful for a good head on Mall's shoulders and good reaction time. My heart skipped more than one beat when reading this. Give her an extra hug for me, too. Did the car coming at her even stop?

Marie said...

Carol,
NO it didn't, I'm assuming since it was on a country road at 11ish pm, just some crazy kids!
They had to of known they ran her off the road though!!!

Amander said...

How horrible! I'm glad she's okay.