Monday, January 31, 2011

Change

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.
~Author Unknown




And here I am today...No "photo-shopped" out wrinkles...looking my 41 year old self..
A month of a mind that would NOT quit...
all the shoulda-woulda-coulda's....swimming around like monster's in my mind.
I'm pretty sure that made some of those wrinkles deeper.
I question so much of the things that happen to me..
I had a friend tell me I think WAY too much,,,They were/are right.
But in the end,
I do my best everyday....
People have free agency..
to be in my life..or not be in my life....
be my friend ...
not be my friend...
Judge me..
Not understand me or my ways of thinking...
Not understand my view of parenting....

But guess what?
I think I'm not gonna care anymore....
I'm going to start trying to embrace MY life..not the one I thought I was supposed to have...BUT REALLY embrace this life I've been given.....(still trying to figure out how to do this completely..but I WILL figure it out...and instead of saying: WHY ME...I will be saying : WHY NOT ME?"

And I am really going to try and embrace my wrinkles and getting older..
because after all
I am going to be a
GRANDMA
to a baby boy in May.
And I'm pretty sure...I'm gonna LOVE every minute of this new change.

So life bring on the change...
Because I LOVE butterflies....and baby boy's :)
and maybe just a tad-bit of botox..:)

9 comments:

Amy said...

xoxox

Amander said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats, congrats!!!

That baby boy is going to be so terribly spoiled by his super hip grandma.

Embrace the changes and the love - happiness will abound :)

Pastor Sharon said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! A baby boy? Yes! They are like the closest thing to heaven!

Great photo of you, btw!

chr!st!e said...

Can I just tell you how much you inspire me!! You are an amazing woman! PS Why didn't you tell me that Mal was in Miss Spanish Fork? I could have tried to be her hostest!

The Shumway Family said...

Congratulations! You may not look like one but, you'll be an awesome grandma!

ramsam said...

Is it bad that I cant wait to see the baby shower you plan? The cute little mama as she discovers the miracles of life? The photos that will appear on this page? The simple things? When you doubt your journey, remember I enjoy the insight it gives....
Hugs
<3

slytrifecta said...

Congratulations Marie!!! And if you have figured how NOT to care anymore...PLEASE tell me how ;)
BTW you are amazing. An amazing mom, an amazing friend, an amazing person, you will be most definitely an amazing (and very hip) grandma.

PS....I have a great hook-up for BOTOX and use it frequently.

{marie} said...

Again, Can I just say ..I have the MOST AWESOME,Kind,Beautiful friends...
I love you guys ...you'll never know how much your words mean to me.

And Janna ...FB inbox me A.S.A.P with the Botox info...we need to talk.

Just Me said...

Marie, you are looking younger every year. I have no idea what you are worried about. In the photos, you could be a sister to Haylie .... rather than her Mom!

I know that you will be a SUPER grandma! That new little one will bring so much joy into your life!

You are one of the best Mom's that I have ever seen. Take comfort in knowing that you are accomplishing so much with your beautiful family!