Sunday, March 6, 2011

MORE AUTISM AWARENESS!!!! I LOVE it!

I love that MTV featured a "lower functioning" autistic teenager on this show..
{JEREMY}
 is more like our little-man than most shows have presented.
( Our son is still "a little" more high-functioning than Jeremy, we are VERY lucky ,in that, he doesn't have "behavior's...He is very easy going...)
I love that they highlighted a kid that was NOT high functioning....
A lot of the things I see in the media, ...EVEN though I LOVE ANY type of Autism Awareness,
show very high-functioning kids, which is not the case in most families I know.
Our kiddo uses a "speaking-device" just like this kiddo...and shows truly HOW SMART these children are!!!
SO many of them, are son included, are just "trapped" in a body that doesn't work right...
But they 're just like other kids their age....
I hope this just pushes the world to start seeing this "dis-ability" differently!!!
YEAH MTV!!! YOU SOOOOOOO ROCKED it this time...

CLICK ON LINK:

http://www.chantalsicile-kira.com/about-chantal/my-son-jeremys-story/

And I'm sorry to be "boastful"....BUT don't these parents/siblings ROCK!!
We are WARRIORS!!!
We fight for our kids....and LIFE IS NOT EASY..
But we keep getting up and putting one foot in front of the other...

One more link.. HOW COOL is this article Jeremy wrote for the paper...
CLICK ON LINK
http://www.nctimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/article_b7da9315-71af-5458-875c-272d56e6fc8a.html

No comments: