Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Direct Hit...

There is only one meaning of life: the act of living itself.

-Erich Fromm

Sometimes I read things that just hit me...
You know, 
those 
"Direct Hit"  moments, that the words totally make sense and you are changed?
This quote from Erich Fromm was a "Direct Hit" for me...
Sometimes I.... think too much.....
I try and make everything make sense....or have reasons....or be GOOD or BAD...right/wrong.....better instead of worse....change instead of playing it out...I try to FIND THE MEANING...


But, maybe just maybe...
The TRUE meaning of life, the lessons to be learned, ....is SIMPLY....to just LIVE it.....
and go on from there....


4 comments:

susan said...

Wow, heavy...
Let me tell you ...if you have this philosophy at 40-ish , you'll be fine at 60.
Live it all, it goes so fast...
good, bad ...it's all good.. ;0.
think'n is good.
As Gramma Gamble always said," scrub the floor"..you'll be fine after.
Words to live by.:)

{marie} said...

Trying SO hard to live in the moment...And NOT worry so much! Worry just strips you of fun huh?! BTW- Thanks for that gene...I KNOW I got it from you !!:):)

susan said...

So sorry....
I think G.has picked it up along the way also.
It gets better,having adult children that are responsible adults makes worrying ALOT more silly !!
As the saying goes,"You have to wake up each morning as a virgin."
Have a great day!:)

{marie} said...

You just made my whole day!
Never have heard that saying, but now adding it to my "vocab"...:)