Friday, July 8, 2011

Patience....

I have a boy that has been PERFECTLY
Naughty for days now...
I don't know if it's the summer schedule or just the crazy routine lately
BUT, I've never
Cleaned,
Chased,
YELLED,
Time- Outed (Is that a word?),... this child more than this week.

Well after the hundredth time of YELLING this child's name and telling him to
PLEASE
Go play,
Go downstairs,
Watch TV,
DO something other than make a mess...
He went into my room to watch TV....

I went into my room later this evening to find something that I still don't know how to wrap my mind around...
As I looked at what was on my bed...
Tears started running down my face...
Out of ALL the books, magazine's ..I mean A LOT of books and magazine's as you can see in the pictures.
This little Boy picked out these particular ones and placed them on my bed... I promise you they weren't at the top of the piles...He had to dig...
 I was instantly reminded that this little Boy really wasn't trying to make my day hard...
HIS DAYS....HOURS...Minutes....seconds ...aren't that easy...they are TRULY hard.
and I was reminded that I need more patience...And that I need to help him play...communicate...laugh...more.
This is also a reminder that even though this little Boy has a very hard time communicating..
He IS in there...HE KNOWS what is going on...
And as of today...

I guess I know HE knows he has
Autism.

I'm so blessed to be raising a child that is a teacher.
I just hope I can be a better student.





Books:
Can't Play Won't Play: Simply Sizzling Ideas to Get the Ball Rolling for Children With Dyspraxia : Sharon Drew
Healing The New Childhood  Epidemics : Kenneth Bock
Magazine:
People...(Old)

Little Boy enjoying a bubble bath after a long hard day of.....Well, Making Messes :)

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh my gosh, Marie. That is amazing!

Hang in there. You are a great Mom! Love you lots.

Shauna Leavitt said...

This post made me cry. You are amazing Marie! I have two really good friends with little boys who have autism and I've gotten a tiny glimpse of what it's like - I mean, really really tiny. I can't really imagine. All I know is that you are amazing and I really look up to you. I hope this week is easier.

Picture of Health said...

Wow! That is all I can say...wow! Thanks for sharing.

slytrifecta said...

I am speechless Marie. And you are a phenomenal mom who has read, researched, and tried EVERYTHING.....you are AMAZING!!!! So is D-Riv.