Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MY Tears of Truth....

Excerpt from an interview I did for a newspaper a couple years ago, 
this interview still makes me so, so, so, sad to read.....

[Marie H----- says something changed the day she took her son Dylan to his 1-year-old doctor's appointment. Until then, Dylan had been successfully overcoming developmental problems caused by his being born 5 weeks early and having a low birth weight. But when he got his MMR and chicken pox immunization shots, he started crying uncontrollably and stopped breathing. Doctors and nurses were eventually able to stabilize him, but Marie says she never learned exactly what happened. She assumes it was a seizure, but all she really knows is that she soon realized something was really wrong.
"He just seemed really off the next week," Marie said. "He didn't really run a fever or anything, he was just off. The best way I can describe it is that he kind of lost the spark in his eye. I can show you pictures and it's just night and day. Within weeks he lost the ability to babble, drink through a straw, smile, or even play peek-a-boo. "He just went into his own world and wasn't the same happy, smiling little boy."
 Fast Forward 6 years and now at 7 years old, Dylan is still non-verbal despite early intervention programs and many thousands of dollars in therapy. 
Marie H------ goes on to say, " This has been devastating to my family in so many ways.  I hope that information about  mercury-free vaccines and safe vaccination schedules, or refusing to vaccinate children with weak immune systems will help others never have to go through the pain and sorrow my family has been through".......] 

I LOVE that people are starting to talk about the dangers of STANDARD immunization schedule's ..
NOT ALL KIDS ARE ALIKE...preemies, genetic disposition, etc...ALL need to be looked at before giving your child shots...
PLEASE WATCH.... for me,... for Dylan.... OK?

2 comments:

Shauna Leavitt said...

This makes me so sad. Charlie just had his 1yr checkup last week and if I had experienced what you did I don't know how I could survive. You are my hero and I look up to you and pray for you and your family.

{marie} said...

Shauna, Thank You for the kind words....I think you're pretty awesome too:) xoxo